Pages

Friday, August 28, 2015

Summer Recap

This has been the first official summer that I've worked full time in my career. It's been a little bit of an adjustment. I have had to change my perspective a little bit on what summer means now.  Working full time and no longer being in school will do that to you I'm understanding.
To be honest though, this has been one of my favorite summers! My schedule at work allowed me to be able to still do a lot with friends and family while still working full time. And that's something I have been very grateful for.  I have not felt like I've had to miss out on anything because of work, which was something I worried a lot about. Being on my own this summer I was also able to spend a lot of time with Leanne, having her stay the night with me when I didn't have work the next day. It was nice I could be a home away from home for her!
But that's not what made this summer great.  This summer I was able to reconnect with a lot of people I grew up with.  It has been an eye opening experience as I've been able to see how the Gospel of Jesus Christ can literally change people and how it's changed me over the years.  I spent a good deal of time with people I grew up with but wasn't very close to through high school- and they've become some really good friends who I look up to greatly and who I value incredibly.  And just as importantly, I got to rekindle a friendship with one of my best friends through high school with whom I had a large falling out. As I've seen the obstacles we have overcome in letting the past stay in the past and allowing each other to grow and change, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it is because of the Gospel that we've been able to do so.  The Atonement has worked greatly in my life over the years and I can tell it's worked in her life too. As we accept our brothers and sisters in the Gospel, there is literally no obstacle, no misunderstanding that we can't overcome with Jesus Christ by our side. That is a lesson I have been grateful to be reminded of this summer.



  Displaying 20150807_191912.jpg  

No comments:

Post a Comment