Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

1-2-2016

For the past month and a half I have been preparing to make it to the temple. And all that preparation has paid off! I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Orlando Temple yesterday to take out my own endowments! It will be a day I will always look back on with reverence and awe. 
As I was preparing, everyone said it'd be overwhelming. And that is an understatement! It really was a jam packed day full of information and new concepts. But the spirit that was there was so cool. Even though I didn't fully understand what was going on, I felt such an immense amount of peace and calm as I was experiencing new things.  And it gave me just a glimpse of how grand a reunion it will be with my family if I live up to all my covenants. Definitely gave me a renewed sense of determination to live the Gospel faithfully and endure to the end! 
I'm just so grateful for the chance I had to enter into God's temple and continue on my progression back to Him. Words can't express how much joy I feel, and the sweet spirit that entered into my life as I completed my endowments. I know that life will continue to be hard, and I'll have trials and temptations, but I know that I now have extra protection and strength given me to face them all.  I know that this life is to learn and grow and make it back to Heavenly Father.
As this new year is starting, I couldn't think of a better way to welcome it than by going to the temple. It has set up this year to be a year of change and a year of growth and a year of coming closer to God. And I'm excited to see what it brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment